[ANN] New SqueakAmp version available!

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Thu Sep 27 03:44:15 UTC 2001

> > SqueakAmp, the MP3 player for Squeak, has been updated to work with Squeak
> > 3.1alpha.  Never again will you need to leave the snug comfort of your
> > Squeak environment to play your music.
>
> What's the situation with the Linux MP3 plugin? Has anyone done one for 3.1?
> I note that the plugin code isn't built from the stock list of plugins in
> Interpreter; is there a problem with it?

I dunno, but it drops in fine on the main Unix release.  Note, that it
requires a bunch of extra support files, so you can't just translate it
and compile it.  Maybe this is why it isn't translated by default.

By the way, it's included in the big tar file from my patches page.

    http://www.cc.gatech.edu/~lex/squeak/

-Lex