[Q][Security] in web based squeaking?

Simon Michael simon at joyful.com
Thu Sep 27 11:25:54 UTC 2001

Torge Husfeldt <jean-jacques.gelee at gmx.de> writes:
> I'd like to hear from every effort that has been made recently in this
> direction, any active projects or any thoughts you have on this topic.

Yes, I'm very interested in this. I'll get more interested when squeak
networking seems more solid (with the next Flow release I imagine).

I work on a zope(python)-based wiki which supports embedded scripting.
In the extreme (preferred :) case this means anonymously-editable
server-side code which gets executed at every page view.

This sounds dangerous, but I think the most pressing risks have been
alleviated in an interesting way by zope's security model. In fact the
latter evolved into it's present form to address the former. It sounds
like the issues explored here might be of interest to you.

-Simon