Localization (was: RE: Computerchannel.de: Squeak 3.0 tested)

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Thu Sep 27 14:19:28 UTC 2001

Phew, I have come halfway through a first translation to swedish but
hey, this was hard! :-)

Some questions:

1. Some of the triplets use symbols as first element and others do not.
I saw that the german translation did not use symbols so I assumed that
was the right way to go.

2. Descriptions tend to end with period (or not) and begin with a
capital letter (or not). Any special reason? I am just mimicking the
template version right now...

3. These I just don't understand:

(color:sees: #colorSees 'whether the given color sees the given color')
- Errr. What?!?

(followPath 'followPath' 'follow the yellow brick road') - Obviously a
"saying" (which I have heard but don't really know what it means, but I
could skip it of course)

4. Some of these descriptions/names use quite advanced english. Isn't it
meant for kids and should perhaps be simpler? Anyway - I have tried to
make a few of my translations a tad simpler.

Ok... I will post my changeset soon, I am almost ready.

Cheers, Göran