Localization (was: RE: Computerchannel.de: Squeak 3.0 tested)

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Thu Sep 27 17:06:48 UTC 2001

Dan Ingalls <Dan at SqueakLand.org> wrote:
> goran.hultgren at bluefish.se  wrote...
>
> >3. These I just don't understand:
> >
> >(color:sees: #colorSees 'whether the given color sees the given color')
> >- Errr. What?!?
>
> This is a hack that lets newbies do some collision logic simply.
[SNIP]

Ah, nice! Then perhaps I might revise the swedish translation a bit, but
we can do that later when more pops up...

> >(followPath 'followPath' 'follow the yellow brick road') - Obviously a
> >"saying" (which I have heard but don't really know what it means, but I
> >could skip it of course)
>
> The Quote is from the Wizard of OZ.  I wouldn't try to duplicate it - it is cute but not useful.  The path used is the one defined by the 'draw new path' option in the menu of the red halo button.

Ok, I thought it sounded familiar. I just dropped it. :-)

> Hope this helps.

Sure, thanks!

PS. Why does Celeste insist on including myself in the carbon copy ?!? I
might just have to fix that... :-) DS