[bug]unzipping on mac Re: [Ann] prealpha port of Ginsu available at Squeak Foundation

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Thu Sep 27 23:55:08 UTC 2001

On Thursday 27 September 2001 01:38 pm, Karl Ramberg wrote:
> I unzipped the Ginsu archive using the zip archive tool in
> Squeak and it gave me a flat hierarchy :
> GinsuIn31/Base... Extensions.cs

Hmm... I guess we have to translate file separators.

Would it work to just translate '/' characters in Unix pathnames into ':' for
the Mac?

Or are their other concerns as well?

I see that the Mac has much more limited filename lengths than Unix or
Windows. Is there a good way to deal with this, or will the OS take care of
it?

--
Ned Konz
currently: Stanwood, WA