Computerchannel.de: Squeak 3.0 tested

Frank Caggiano caggiano at crystal-objects.com
Fri Sep 28 01:39:05 UTC 2001

Michael Rueger wrote:

> I wonder which Logo or Delphi shop paid the author to write this piece
> of junk...

I only wish that there was a 'Logo shop' that had that kind of clout!
:-)

Seriously, as someone who is straddling the Logo/Squeak line I can see
plenty in this article to get both camps mighty mad.

Given the total lack of quality software for kids/educators out there
and given how difficult it is to even get your foot in the door of the
school system, how hard it is to get the system to pay attention to the
ideas in the Squeak and Logo communities regarding education the last
thing  we (the Squeak and Logo camps) need is a language war between the
two.

The ideas, philosophies and goals of both groups are closer to each
other then they are apart. There is room for both. As I have urged the
readers of comp.lang.logo to explore Squeak and learn from it I would do
the same thing here.  For those of you who have never tried Logo or for
those of you who haven't tried it in a long while take  some time to
explore some of the many new versions of Logo that are out there. Also
take a look at some of the Logo literature that is out there. A number
of fine books were written covering Logo and it's use in education
during Logos 'golden age'.

regards

--
Frank Caggiano				"The best education for the best
caggiano at crystal-objects.com		is the best education for all."

Logo Users Ring
http://www.crystal-objects.com/logo/logoring.html