Font problem

Christian Langreiter chris at langreiter.com
Sat Sep 29 01:42:48 UTC 2001

In a fully updated 3.1 image, I ´try to install a Truetype font via ...

 "TTFontReader
  installTTF: 'c:\winnt\fonts\arial.ttf'
  asTextStyle: #Arial
  sizes: #(24 60)"

So far, so good. However, as soon as I try to actually put the font to use (by clicking to the "System Fonts" menu entry), I get a "Bad BitBlt arg (Fraction?)" error as soon as the font selection menu is about to be displayed. If I proceed, nothing happens.

Can anyone explain why this happens and what can be done about it?

BTW, is there any other way to get Truetype fonts into Squeak? All the methods I've tried (as described on this ML and the Swiki) either give errors or a obsolete. Andreas Raabs TTF-to-file-in converter produces Smalltalk code for old Squeaks (utilizes methods which don't exist in current images), Ned Konz' fix posted to the ML doesn't help either (guess it has found its way into the update stream a long time ago anyway) ...

Best regards,
-- Chris