Squeak BOF at OOPSLA

Henrik Gedenryd Henrik.Gedenryd at lucs.lu.se
Sun Sep 30 11:49:38 UTC 2001

Doug Way wrote:

> Looking forward to the BOF (Birds Of a Feather) session at OOPSLA.
> Maybe I'll try to keep the informal Squeak "bug fixing party" going at
> Camp Smalltalk there this year, too.
>
> Just a quick suggestion to anyone going to OOPSLA who hasn't booked a
> hotel room yet:  I was originally going to try to find a somewhat
> cheaper hotel downtown than the suggested ones (which had "special"
> OOPSLA rates of $140-$150 per night), such as the Holiday Inn several
> blocks away for about $100.  But then I happened to try priceline.com,
> and set a price of $50/night for any 3-star hotel, and it actually
> reserved the Marriott Waterside (adjacent to the conference, originally
> $150)!  (This was for Sat.-Wed.)
>
> - Doug Way
> dway at riskmetrics.com

Doug,

Before I book anything I thought I might ask if you would be interested in
sharing a room. Of course we will be sharing the bill as well. According to
what I saw, the reservation you got was for a 2-person room.

Let me know what you think and any reservations you may have.

best regards,
Henrik