[UNIX][VM] network audio support

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Sun Sep 30 21:42:42 UTC 2001

I've dug into "NAS" (Network Audio System) and added some basic support
to Squeak on Unix.  The reason this is useful is that multiple programs
using NAS can share the audio device, plus they can access audio across
the network.  This matters if you run programs other than Squeak that
use sound, which as you might guess I do.  :)

	http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/uploads/298/Squeak-lex.6.tgz

or for the individual patches:

	http://www.cc.gatech.edu/~lex/squeak  (wait until tomorrow morning for
this to update)

This driver doesn't support as much as my OSS driver does; it doesn't
have recording, and it doesn't have volume control.  But it might be
enough to interest some people.

Along the way, I've rearranged the sources a little so that you can more
easily add new audio drivers.  So if somebody wants to shoot for ESD or
ARTS or whatever else, go for it!

-Lex