Skip List in #4308

danielv at netvision.net.il danielv at netvision.net.il
Sun Sep 30 22:55:41 UTC 2001

Well, I really cannot say who said what, or who I'm answering to, but -
In Celeste, this could make recovery after image crashes faster. With
SortedCollections re-adding the n logged actions done before the crash
takes n^2 time, with SkipLists, presumably, n*log(n).

Or we could tweak Celeste to not update this list during recovery, and
resort it once later.
Still nicer to just have nice behaving data structures...

Anyone know what this thing eats in memory usage?

Daniel