[ANN] SqM with 'double clickable FreeCell'

PhiHo Hoang phiho.hoang at rogers.com
Mon Apr 1 07:17:59 UTC 2002

Dear Squeaker,

	Please share with me the joy of a 'double clickable FreeCell'.

	It is appropriate to take this opportunity to express my thanks
to Dan who silently extends his hands behind the scene, emailing me the
change set to implement a backend to the Squeak compiler to generate C++
code.

	This backend was used to generate the Squeak compiler itself
into C++. So, now SqM have a Squeak CompilerPlugin, which is now
residing in SqMOM together with the ObjectMemoryPlugin,
InterpreterPlugin and PrimitivesPlugin.

	Actually, SqM will have more than one CompilerPlugin. Dave was
kind enough to send me a port of GNU Smalltalk (gst) compiler.

	Dave, on behalf of Squeak lovers, I like to express our thanks
for your care about Squeak's future.

	This port still needs some more tuning to match Squeak
ObjectMemory. However, it has its strength as being written in C from
scratch and designed to exist before there is an image.

	Time will tell which one has an upper hand. It's still to early
to make a choice now.

	SqM will provide both compilers when they are both available.

	Please find attached the file
'SqMwithDoubleClickableFreeCell.zip'.

	The archive when unzipped will create a directory 'SqM'

C:\SqM\Release>ls -lR SqM
SqM:
total 19
-rw-r--r--    1 PhiHo Ho None         1863 Mar 31 21:58 ReadMe.SqM
-rwxr-xr-x    1 PhiHo Ho None        15872 Apr  1 00:59 SqM.exe
drwxr-xr-x    2 PhiHo Ho None            0 Mar 31 20:17 SqMod
-rw-r--r--    1 PhiHo Ho None          109 Mar 31 19:21 install.ini

SqM/SqMod:
total 11
-rw-r--r--    1 PhiHo Ho None        10604 Mar 30 20:13 FreeCell.st

	Please read 'ReadMe.SqM'

	Lastly, I would like to express my sincere thanks to all who
gave me encouragements in their own way so that I do not get discouraged
and give up this pet project.

	Your feedback and bug reports are more than welcome.

	SqM should be crossplatform, i.e. it should run on:

 		Win95, Win98, WinNT, WinME, Win2K, WinXP ;-) No WInCE
:-(

	Seriously, it is sincerely hoped that one day SqM with double
clickable FreeCell will run on at least Mac, Linux, WinCE and of course
Acorn :-)

	Enjoy,

	PhiHo.