[bug][?] System Browser fails when attempting to add an instance variable

Ken G. Brown kbrown at tnc.ab.ca
Thu Apr 4 17:00:38 UTC 2002

3.3a-4816 with Ned's CloseBoxInMenu-nk.cs installed.

When I try to accept the addition of an instance variable in one of my
classes (there before I added the change set), I get the walkback below
along with the creation of a small new style MVCMenuMorph header about 1/2
inch wide with just the close X and the pushPin, and no selectable items. If
I subsequently delete the offending new instance variable, it will accept
ok. When I try to recreate the problem with a test class, it seems to work
ok.
I tried destroying the Closebox changeset to see if it were contributing,
but the menus still display with the new style close box and the problem
still occurs. Is there a way to completely remove the CloseBox changeset to
see if it is contributing?

Suggestions?
Thx.
Ken Brown

MethodNotUnderstood: contents:

SimpleButtonMorph(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand:
[] in MVCMenuMorph>>informUserAt:during:
ClassBuilder>>showProgressFor:
[] in ClassBuilder>>recompile:from:to:mutate:
[] in ClassBuilder>>informUserDuring:
MVCMenuMorph>>informUserAt:during:
Utilities class>>informUserDuring:
ClassBuilder>>informUserDuring:
ClassBuilder>>recompile:from:to:mutate:
ClassBuilder>>name:inModule:subclassOf:type:instanceVariableNames:classVaria
bleNames:poolDictionaries:category:unsafe:
ClassBuilder>>name:inModule:subclassOf:type:instanceVariableNames:classVaria
bleNames:poolDictionaries:category:
ClassBuilder>>superclass:subclass:instanceVariableNames:classVariableNames:p
oolDictionaries:module:
Model
class(Class)>>subclass:instanceVariableNames:classVariableNames:module:
DummyReceiverClass>>DoIt
Compiler>>evaluate:in:to:notifying:ifFail:
Compiler class>>evaluate:for:notifying:logged:
Compiler class>>evaluate:notifying:logged:
Browser>>defineClass:notifying:
Browser>>contents:notifying:
PluggableTextMorph>>accept