TableLayout not quite working right?

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Fri Apr 5 22:23:20 UTC 2002

On Friday 05 April 2002 02:00 pm, Ken Causey wrote:

> First of all, this seems to render upside down.  The StringMorph 1 is on
> the bottom and the TextMorph with 'Number 3' is on the top.

This is because you used addMorph: a/k/a addMorphFront: a/k/a
addMorph:atIndex: 1.

That is, addMorph will add the given morph as the first submorph of the
receiver.

Use addMorphBack: instead.

> Change the
> RectangleMorph's listDirection: to #bottomToTop, now the order seems
> correct (or actually wrong again, but correct for #topToBottom) but now
> the vResizing: #shrinkWrap is not honored.  The RectangleMorph has its
> default size and can be resized.

I'd say that the lack of #shrinkWrap working with #bottomToTop is a [BUG] and
should be reported as one.

It's interesting that #layoutTopToBottom:in: has got a specialized version,
but #bottomToTop doesn't. The code is very different.

I suspect there is a similar bug with #rightToLeft layout.

--
Ned Konz
currently: Stanwood, WA
email:     ned at bike-nomad.com