[Q][VM][ENH][RFH][COMP] Request For Help : CompilerPlugin

Karl Goiser kgoiser at bigpond.net.au
Sat Apr 6 03:07:54 UTC 2002

Speaking about compilers and the like, I was wondering if Squeak
would benefit from being run on a Java VM?

The positives I can see are that they are already installed on heaps
of machines, they have JIT's and the like, it allows people to
concentrate on other areas of interest.  I am sure there are a lot
more...

The negatives are: if you don't have a JVM for your platform, you're
out of luck and we wouldn't be able to fiddle with the VM.  Also, is
there some heresy here?

Anyway, I just thought I'd mention it...

Karl