re CGeneratorEnhancements-ajh.cs & hacking 68K vm's

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Sun Apr 7 09:03:42 UTC 2002

Ok I hacked together a VM via CGeneratorEnhancements-ajh.cs with a
bit of hand coding.

so...

on a 68k BSD box with GCC the new numbers are

1,614,205 bytecodes/sec and 57,652 sends/sec

versus my previous one using the jumptable modification

1,550,387 bytecodes/sec and 55,080 sends/sec

versus what I started with

1,439,884 bytecodes/sec and 51,098 sends/sec

there is a bit more here to buy, Anthony makes true/false local vars
and a few other optimizations which are part of the BC changeset