[Q][FreeCell]

Andrew C. Greenberg werdna at mucow.com
Mon Apr 8 10:53:53 UTC 2002

Ah yes, Squeak is a different critter.

The solution to your problem is to launch Squeak, then ALT-O for the
morph selector, then select FreeCell from the games table and run it.
Most every modern version of the Image has FreeCell installed.  Enjoy.

The Squeak VM loads a smalltalk image into RAM and begins executing the
Smalltalk code in that image.  In some operating systems,
double-clicking a text file associated with Squeak will cause Squeak to
load an image (or its default image) and then "fileIn" the text file.
This in turn can, but ordinarily will not, begin executing an
application.

Given a new changefile with an application not already in the image, you
would start Squeak, fileIn the application, and follow the instructions
in the changeset for running the application.  There are many ways to
automate an app to be double-clickable from the native OS desktop, but
this will not, in general work unless the changeset was specially set up
to do so.