Notes from a Newbie

Charles Hixson charleshixsn at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 7 17:53:02 UTC 2002

On Monday 08 April 2002 01:54, goran wrote:
> Charles Hixson <charleshixsn at earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> > It is a weakness of the Win95 Squeak implementation that the screen
> > cannot be resized.  Presumably there is some programmatic way to do this,
> > but if the containing window is resized, then ideally the colored
> > backgrounds, and the size of the working surface would be resized.
>
> Eh... I run Squeak at home on a Win98 machine and I can resize the
> window -
> I think I have been able to do that since the beginning of time. Or
> something.
>
> Perhaps I didn't understand what you meant...
>
> regards, Göran

I think you probably do.  Perhaps it acts differently on Win98 than on Win95.
 But If I open Squeak to the initial dialog and then grab the corner of the
window and drag it down, the window resizes, but the working area does not.
Nor does the color extend beyond the original size.  (I haven't tried
shrinking, but my guess would be that the size would be maintained.  I would
hope that it would be possible to scroll the containing window so as to
access all parts of the Squeak area, but, as I said, I haven't tried this.)