[VMMaker] FileIn in 4811 doesn't work

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Mon Apr 8 21:42:18 UTC 2002

Bergel Alexandre <bergel at iam.unibe.ch> is claimed by the authorities to have written:

> Because vm from Ian seems to not be up to date, I wanted to upgrade by getting the very last from sourceforge.
> After fighting agains VMMaker,
What did you have to fight? It ought to be really simple by now; there's
so much error checking and trapping that there should be nothing (short
of nuclear accident) left to upset it! Can you recall precisely what you
did and what seemed to go wrong?

> I finally success to compile everything, and run the new vm, but
> (because there is always a "but" :-) I get an error from the class
> MacHFSPlusFileDirectory
If you're running on any unix it's hard to see how that class would get
involved. Can you post the debug log for us?

> When I ask for setting all modules as internal, I have for each one : "No platform specific files found for ..."
You should get that for either internal or internal plugins where there
is no platform support - for example, unix is going to tell yo uthat for
AsynchFilePlugin, SecurityPlugin etc. If you're seeing this for plugins
like FilePlugin or SocketPlugin then there is something seriously wrong.

Which version of VMMaker did you use? The latest one is
http://sumeru.stanford.edu/tim/pooters/SqFiles/deltas/VMMaker-3-2-version6.1.cs

tim

What this country needs is a good five-cent microcomputer.