[VMMaker] FileIn in 4811 doesn't work

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Mon Apr 8 21:59:34 UTC 2002

>Bergel Alexandre <bergel at iam.unibe.ch> is claimed by the authorities
>to have written:
>
>  > I finally success to compile everything, and run the new vm, but
>  > (because there is always a "but" :-) I get an error from the class
>>  MacHFSPlusFileDirectory
>If you're running on any unix it's hard to see how that class would get
>involved. Can you post the debug log for us?

Tim all the FileDirectory subclass get run to figure out which subclass to use.

So I'm assuming there is in an error in this code. Need the walkback tho.
Perhaps the VM doesn't return nil for getSystemAttribute 1201 (a
newish undocumented one I added).

isActiveDirectoryClass
	"Ok, lets see if we support HFS Plus file names, the long ones"

	^ (self pathNameDelimiter = self primPathNameDelimiter) and:
[(Smalltalk getSystemAttribute: 1201) notNil and: [(Smalltalk
getSystemAttribute: 1201) asNumber > 31]]