[ANN] Squeak, Live On Stage!

Martin McClure martin at hand2mouse.com
Tue Apr 9 18:08:01 UTC 2002

At 10:41 AM -0700 4/9/02, John M McIntosh wrote:
>>Those of you who were at the Squeak BOF at OOPSLA in Tampa last
>>October saw a demo of the crude beginnings of a virtual juggling
>>program I was implementing in Squeak.
>>

>Martin is this still done under os-x, or another os (os-9) windows etc?

The early development work was done under OS 9. The bulk of
development was done under OS X (thanks to your making FFI work for
that platform!) Final deployment is on Win98. Gotta love Squeak,
except for the camera drivers, the code is the same, and I did the
final deploy with only three days of access to the final hardware.

>Also Beware the millisecond input bug in mac VM 3.2.1 upto 3.2.6b7,
>tho you might be rebooting the machine with 19.88 hours.

Thanks for the tip. Since the final deploy is on Windows, this
shouldn't be a problem. Also, they always power down all the on-stage
equipment overnight.

-Martin