I need a standard single line text entry widget

Ken Causey ken at ineffable.com
Tue Apr 9 18:57:36 UTC 2002

I'm finding it hard to believe but I can't seem to find what I consider
to be a standard single-line text entry widget as it exists in most
widget sets.

Attributes includes:

Text is confined to a single line and widget does not change size as a
result of text entry.

If text continues beyond the boundary of the widget the text "scrolls"
within the widget.  This scrolling follows the text entry marker.

There may be other attributes I'm not thinking of right now but those
two, particularly the second seem to be difficult to come up with.  What
am I overlooking?

Oh, I guess I should mention that I'm using 3.2g and would prefer a
morphic widget.

Ken Causey