[Q] Making a button immune to mouse clicks

Martin Drautzburg martin.drautzburg at web.de
Sun Apr 14 20:11:22 UTC 2002

Andreas and Ned,

thank you so much for you help. Things seem a lot easier now.

I had been carried away by #waitForClicksOrDrag:. I was calling this
in the #mouseDown: method of my Morph in order to get the drags. This
was stolen from probably the wrong example. In this setup I did get a
click before a drag and I also found a comment somewhere that this is
the desired behavior.

However I was implementing #mouseDown: which seems like a bad idea
now. You always want the event handlers to do the work, so you call
on:send:to. I had not been aware of this simple truth.