[Q] Obnoxious instances of invisible Morphs

Martin Drautzburg martin.drautzburg at web.de
Mon Apr 15 21:01:58 UTC 2002

I had created a bunch of CommandHeaderMorphs and deleted them again
either via (X) or the TrashCan. When I browse the instances of this
Class I get 11 instances. None of them is visible, but I can revive
them via "self openInHand" in an inspector. After I "did some things",
the number of instances went down to 1. The "objects pointing to this
value" are:

#(an EventHandler; mouseEnterDraggingSelector=debug:evt:sourceMorph: recipients: #(a CommandHeaderMorph(3457)) a StringMorph(2926)'set title here' a RectangleMorph(555) CommandHeaderMorph>>initializeButtonEventHandler a Command phase: #done; move CommandHeaderMorph an Inspector #(a SystemWindow(2828) a CommandHeaderMorph(3457) a MenuMorph(672) a TrashCanMorph))

I am confused by the fact that the Morph points to an event handler
which points back to the Morph. Will the GC take care of this ? I
believe it has to, because this is a very common situation, isn't
it. And if it were balloons they would take off.

Why then does the last instance refuse to die. And yes I emptied the trashcan.