Mac OS X problems

Martin McClure martin at hand2mouse.com
Mon Apr 15 21:02:49 UTC 2002

At 1:25 PM -0700 4/15/02, jennyw wrote:
>On Mon, Apr 15, 2002 at 12:38:04PM -0700, Martin McClure wrote:
>>  At 12:13 PM -0700 4/15/02, Duane Maxwell wrote:
>>  >You need to change the type/creator of the image file (using something like
>>  >ResEdit) to STim/FAST
>>  >

>>  This isn't necessary on OS X, but if the type and creator aren't set
>>  you *do* need to make sure that the image name has the suffix
>>  '.image'. Also check in the image's Get Info that the "Open with
>>  application" is set to your Carbon VM.
>
>I tried "Get Info" and it wouldn't let me select the Carbon version as an
>application to associate with.  It would let me associate with the Cocoa
>version, though.  Any ideas?
>
>I'm using OS X 10.1 and have tried two versions of the Carbon VM: 3.0.21
>and 3.0.18.

I'm not up on the Mac classic VM versions, but that's what those
sound like to me.

Try the 3.2.6b8 carbon VM, available at:

ftp://st.cs.uiuc.edu/pub/Smalltalk/Squeak/3.2gamma/mac/squeak3.2.6b8-mac-vm.sit

This is the 'latest and greatest' Carbon version.

http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/306 (Download for Macintosh) gives
useful information, though I found it a bit confusing, as it gives
the same URL for both the Classic and the Carbon versions of the VM.

-Martin