O'Reilly Squeak book?

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Tue Apr 16 16:34:54 UTC 2002

On Tuesday 16 April 2002 10:06 am, Alan Kay wrote:
> I think that Squeak needs something of the size and scope of the
> Ruby and/or REBOL books. This would describe a subset, but still it
> would be tremendously useful, particularly in the UI and Media
> implementation areas.

Which Ruby book are you referring to? "Programming Ruby" (The
"Pickaxe" book) (by Dave Thomas and Andy Hunt) or Matz's O'Reilly
book "Ruby in a Nutshell"?

Any book effort will have to deal with the fact that Squeak is very
much a moving target, especially in the UI and Media implementation
areas. Aren't there already examples in Mark's first book that don't
work with 3.2?

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com