Can Squeak talk to Google ?

Andy Stoffel Andrew.Stoffel at jenzabar.net
Tue Apr 16 17:24:47 UTC 2002

> This sounds really cool, but would Google let us do anything with
> it?  Check out these paragraphs, which seems to say you can't actually
> access it with SOAP (wouldn't that be an automatic query?)
>

> ====  from http://www.google.com/accounts/TermsOfService =======
>
> You may not send automated queries of any sort to Google's system
> without express permission in advance from Google.

I think this is the key point. They are currently only
allowing people who sign up for this as "developers" to
use it. You use the "permission string" they give you
in each "query". They seem to be looking for unique
uses of Google....

I haven't done anything with it yet (other than signing
up with Google) which is why I was asking :-).....

-Andy-