O'Reilly Squeak book?

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Tue Apr 16 18:24:31 UTC 2002

On Tuesday 16 April 2002 10:55 am, John Hinsley wrote:

> Working with a smaller publisher might obviate some of the lead
> time issues Ned comments on.

O'Reilly can be quite fast.

> But I think something of the scope Cees and Alan have in mind would
be magnificent.

Yes, though Matz's book is quite terse (and has a number of
proofreading and translation problems).

I find "Programming Ruby" to be much more comfortable, as it includes
both reference material and explanation without spending too much
time on tutorials. There is an application (a jukebox) that is used
as a context for discussions in various places, but there is also a
concise description of the language and its libraries.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com