Squeak 3.2 UNIX

Joern Eyrich Joern.Eyrich at syngenio.de
Tue Apr 16 23:09:21 UTC 2002

I've built a solaris vm out of Lex's tarball on the sourceforge compile farm.

you can find it here:
http://www.eyrich.org/squeak_3.2.4653-vm-sol2.8-je.gz (1MB)

The executable is ~4MB uncompressed, but probably still contains debug info, so just try to strip it.
I have to stop now, maybe I can further work on this tomorrow.

Problems I encountered:
1) the solaris "find" does not understand the "-maxdepth" option
2) solaris does not have mntent.h (in the mpegplugin)
   is it right that this is basically a linux-ism? at the moment it is conditionally compiled for "not (macosx or win32)", we should probably change this (and what is the mpeg plugin doing with mount points ?!?)
3) even when configuring with --with-sound=no, USE_AUDIO_NO did not get defined

I'll try to clean up my workarounds and post them.

Let me know if this works,
Joern