O'Reilly Squeak book?

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Tue Apr 16 23:32:16 UTC 2002

Mark Guzdial <guzdial at cc.gatech.edu> is claimed by the authorities to have written:

> I tried that strategy with the White book.  It contains a CD with Squeak
> 2.7 and 2.8, and all examples are guaranteed to work there.  But most
> hobbyists will go directly to Squeak.Org and download the Latest, which
> can't be guaranteed to work with anything written on dead trees.
Then perhaps we should make very clear (probably in big type with
flashing arrows and electric fences all around) to point to a suitable
release on squeak.org. Something like:-

If you want to work with the tutorials in Slartibartfast's excellent
book 'Squeak on 5 Altairan dollars a day' you must download <this>
version of Squeak. Later versions are guaranteed to not work and your
birth certificate will be invalidated.

tim

Useful random insult:- One flower short of an arrangement.