O'Reilly Squeak book?

Göran Hultgren gohu at rocketmail.com
Tue Apr 16 19:20:22 UTC 2002

Hi all!

If we are forging ahead on a book, couldn't we sortof try to do it the "Squeaky" way?
I would like the book to be written "inside" Squeak - "literal Squeaking" or whatchamacallit. Some
simple form of weaving á la Knuth perhaps.

So, a question - what kind of formats do O'Reilly support? LaTeX? Som form of DocBook or other
SGML/XML source?

It would be cool if we could write the book "together" in the image using some simple form of
locking in combination with the current updates-mechanism. Or something. And when we think it's
"ready" for print we push "Generate LaTeX" somewhere and voilá.

Perhaps I am way off - but just writing a book the old fashioned way seems so... Non-Squeak.
And it is doomed to become irrelevant after just a few updates! :-)

regards, Göran

=====
Göran Hultgren, goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
GSM: +46 70 3933950, http://www.bluefish.se
"Department of Redundancy department." -- ThinkGeek