Spreading Smalltalk

John Hinsley johnhinsley at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Apr 17 03:38:40 UTC 2002

On Tue, 16 Apr 2002, Jecel Assumpcao Jr wrote:
> On Tuesday 16 April 2002 20:31, David Salamon wrote:
> > Smalltalk in my opinion has always been as simple as possible, and no
> > simpler, so this trend seems pretty natural.
>
> The creators of Self had a different opinion:
>
>   http://research.sun.com/self/papers/self-power.html

Nice paper! I got the postscript version which, post gunzipping, wouldn't show
anything more than the first page in gv or ghostview.

Opening it up in gvim and putting the  PS-Adobe- back in allows gv to show the
whole file, although ghostview comes up with an unrecoverable error.

So much for FrameMaker, eh?

Cheers

John

--