Squeak default look

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Wed Apr 17 07:47:03 UTC 2002

Doug Way <dway at riskmetrics.com> wrote:
> (Replying to this private email on the list, since it seemed relevant...)
>
> Martin Drautzburg wrote:
>
> > Doug,
> >
> > ... I recently
> > started a thead on the
> > mailing list about a "designer look" for squeak. While there were some
> > interesting replies,
> > nobody seemed to like the idea of attracting graphics designers to
> > invent a new sequeak
> > look. Maybe tomorrow.

I just "reread (fast)" that thread and my impression is that noone
argued against "attracting graphics designers". A few people explained
why it is like it is etc. but I don't think I saw a single post
opposing. (Then I am not sure we need that much "graphics" as in bitmaps
- most of the UI are "drawn" using Balloon)

[BIG SNIP (based on agreement on everything Doug said :-)]

Perhaps we should just concentrate on having "Looks" as modules that
people can pick and choose from. We will probably need one default
though that most of the developers make sure works and (as now) have a
few preferences that give enough "tweak freedom" for most people to feel
alright.

And in that area I think we are good as it is - we are making good
progress - small changes here and there is popping up all the time.

regards, Göran