O'Reilly Squeak book?

Diego Gomez Deck DiegoGomezDeck at ConsultAr.com
Wed Apr 17 20:41:26 UTC 2002

Hello...

>Actually Mark, you would be at the top of my list to write and/or
>organize the new book in question. Another would be Randall Schwartz
>... Or ...  heh heh ...
>
>Just to say it again, I think that at this point in time it is worth
>creating and freezing a documentable version of Squeak.  Although
>there are always lots of improvements, it's pretty clear that some
>solid documentation and cleanup that would allow Squeakers to easily
>make things like what I show in my "flagship" demos would be very
>very useful to most people, and would help them get into the rest of
>the system.

You means an image cleanup? That could be great... yesterday (in the andreas presentation at bern) some of us were talking about this...

I think that SqC is not so interested in cleanups and minor fixes (only my idea?), but for educational uses of squeak (I mean programming teaching) could be nice to clean some things...

>Cheers,
>
>Alan

TIA,

Diego Gomez Deck