[BUG]TextMorph class(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand:

Hunter Kelly retnuh at eircom.net
Wed Apr 17 17:02:50 UTC 2002

Hiya, I've been playing around with Squeak, and having some err,
interesting experiences
trying to get a recent version running.  I started with the 3.0 rpm for
linux, which worked okay, but I decided I wanted to play around with the
most recent things.  While doing the various
updates, I received a message indicating that the 3D would change, and a
new VM would need to be built.  I decided to keep going, but sometime
later, the system just hung trying to do an update.  I decided I needed
to build  a new VM, so decided to have a go.

Basically, after fiddling around a lot, I realized I couldn't use
VMMaker, and I basically would have to find a more recent build than the
one that I had.  I found the 3.1beta for linux, and got that running.
Once I figured out why I couldn't update to 3.2alpha (3.1beta just dead
ends and you have to change the version by hand), I did the magic do it,
and away I went.

I now have a 3.3alpha system with what seems to be the latest updates.
The only hiccup was during the loading of 4612LaunchNamed changeset.
Basically, the problem is in the postscript, when it tries to
reinitialize the flaps.

There is some problem here, but so many things in the image changed that
I don't really know where to start looking.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Hunter

[Please cc me on any replies, I'm not currently subscribed to the list.]

Image version: Squeak3.3alpha
latest update: #4827
Current Change Set: 4612LaunchNamed

VM version: Squeak3.1beta of 3 October 2001 [latest update: #4478]
for: unix

Receiver: an ObjectsTool<Objects>(888)

Instance variables:
bounds: 	0 at 0 corner: 50 at 40
owner: 	nil
submorphs: 	#(an AlignmentMorph(4034) an AlignmentMorph(1187) a
PartsBin<parts>(1285))
fullBounds: 	nil
color: 	(Color r: 0.0 g: 0.839 b: 0.226)
extension: 	a MorphExtension (261) [externalName = Objects ]  [other:
(layoutPolicy -> a TableLayout) (cornerStyle -> #rounded)
(layoutProperties -> a TableLayoutProperties) (initialWidth -> 268)]
borderWidth: 	0
borderColor: 	Color black
searchString: 	nil
modeSymbol: 	#categories

Method (temp) variables:
aCategoryName: 	' Basic 1 '
aButton: 	a SimpleButtonMorph(2258)
quads: 	a SortedCollection(#(#PolygonMorph #arrowPrototype 'Arrow' 'A
line with an arrowhead.  Shift-click to get handles and move the ends.'
nil) #(#ScriptableButton #newStandAlone 'Button' 'A button to use with
tile scripting; its script will be a method of its containing playfield'
nil) #(#CurveMorph #newStandAlone 'Curve' 'A smooth wiggly curve, or a
curved solid.  Shift-click to get handles and move the points.' nil)
#(#CurveMorph #arrowPrototype 'Curvy Arrow' 'A curved line with an
arrowhead.  Shift-click to get handles and move the points.' nil)
#(#EllipseMorph #newStandAlone 'Ellipse' 'An elliptical or circular
shape' nil) #(#RectangleMorph #gradientPrototype 'Gradient' 'A rectangle
with a horizontal gradient' nil) #(#PaintInvokingMorph #newStandAlone
'Paint' 'Drop this icon to start painting a new object.' nil)
#(#PolygonMorph #newStandAlone 'Polygon' 'A series of connected line
segments, which may be a closed solid, or a zig-zag line.  Shift-click
to get handles and move the points.' nil) #(#RectangleMorph
#roundRectPrototype 'RoundRect' 'A rectangle with rounded corners' nil)
#(#TextMorph #borderedPrototype 'Text (border)' 'A text field with
border' nil) #(#TextMorph #fancyPrototype 'Text (fancy)' 'A text field
with a rounded shadowed border, with a fancy font.' nil))
aClass: 	TransferMorphLineAnimation
aDescription: 	a DescriptionForPartsBin, with categoryList=#('3-D')
docmentation=A place where you can explore with a rotating 3-D object
globalReceiverSymbol=B3DSceneExplorerMorph
nativitySelector=newStandAlone
q1: 	nil
q2: 	nil

Stack:
TextMorph class(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand:
[] in PartsBin class>>thumbnailForQuad:
Dictionary>>at:ifAbsent:
PartsBin class>>thumbnailForQuad:
[] in PartsBin>>listDirection:quadList:
SortedCollection(OrderedCollection)>>do:
PartsBin>>listDirection:quadList:
ObjectsTool>>installQuads:fromButton:
ObjectsTool>>showCategory:fromButton:
[] in SimpleButtonMorph>>doButtonAction
BlockContext>>ensure:
CursorWithMask(Cursor)>>showWhile:
SimpleButtonMorph>>doButtonAction
ObjectsTool>>tweakAppearanceAfterModeShift
ObjectsTool>>showCategories
ObjectsTool>>initializeToStandAlone
ObjectsTool class(Morph class)>>newStandAlone
[] in PartsBin class>>thumbnailForQuad:
Dictionary>>at:ifAbsent:
PartsBin class>>thumbnailForQuad:
[] in PartsBin>>listDirection:quadList:
Array(SequenceableCollection)>>do:
PartsBin>>listDirection:quadList:
PartsBin class>>newPartsBinWithOrientation:from:
Flaps class>>newWidgetsFlap
Flaps class>>addStandardFlaps
Flaps class>>freshFlapsStart
Flaps class>>DoIt
Compiler>>evaluate:in:to:notifying:ifFail:
[] in TextMorphEditor(ParagraphEditor)>>evaluateSelection
BlockContext>>on:do:
TextMorphEditor(ParagraphEditor)>>evaluateSelection
TextMorphEditor(ParagraphEditor)>>doIt
[] in TextMorphEditor(ParagraphEditor)>>doIt:
TextMorphEditor(Controller)>>terminateAndInitializeAround:
TextMorphEditor(ParagraphEditor)>>doIt:
TextMorphEditor(ParagraphEditor)>>dispatchOnCharacter:with:
TextMorphEditor(ParagraphEditor)>>readKeyboard
TextMorphEditor>>readKeyboard
[] in TextMorphForEditView(TextMorph)>>keyStroke:
TextMorphForEditView(TextMorph)>>handleInteraction:fromEvent:
TextMorphForEditView>>handleInteraction:fromEvent:
TextMorphForEditView(TextMorph)>>keyStroke:
TextMorphForEditView>>keyStroke:
TextMorphForEditView(TextMorph)>>handleKeystroke:
KeyboardEvent>>sentTo:
TextMorphForEditView(Morph)>>handleEvent:
TextMorphForEditView(Morph)>>handleFocusEvent:
[] in HandMorph>>sendFocusEvent:to:clear:
PasteUpMorph>>becomeActiveDuring:
HandMorph>>sendFocusEvent:to:clear:
HandMorph>>sendEvent:focus:clear:
HandMorph>>sendKeyboardEvent: