New DynaSqueak contender?

Aaron J Reichow reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Thu Apr 18 14:24:22 UTC 2002

On Thu, 18 Apr 2002, Gary Fisher wrote:

> the original Dynabook vision.  In my mind, that would require a display
> large enough for at least a few paragraphs at a time to be displayed at a
> readable size, and that, I think, would require a display about the size of
> a paperback book at minimum.

Like the size of the Newton. *Sigh* I wish one of these bleeding PDA
manufacturers would come out with come out with a PDA at 480x320 with a
size similar to the Newton's.  Sony has a PalmOS based device coming out
at that res, but it's just high-dpi and still very small.  That, and it
runs PalmOS, which cannot run Squeak, so it's useless to me. :P Now a
days, you could pull off a Newton MP2100-like device that wasn't quite as
bulky, thinner.

Aaron