[OT] LaTeX/TeX (was: Who has not job?)

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Thu Apr 18 18:12:03 UTC 2002

On Thursday 18 April 2002 10:55 am, Stephen Pair wrote:
> My question is this: What is the best (and preferrably free) tool
> for doing such a thing (doesn't have to be DocBook, but I want to
> write once and generate the other formats that I need without
> worrying about formatting and such)?  The tool doesn't have to be
> pretty, but it would be nice if it could display the formatted
> document as it is being written.

If you use emacs there is a PSGML mode. And emacs can be made to
behave very much like vi if you want.

Lyx has a mode in which it'll do docbook, but I haven't looked into it
for a while.

There are several good commercial tools (including Softquad's).

There is XXE, but I haven't tried it in a while.
http://www.xmlmind.com/xmleditor/
--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com