Who has no job? (was Re: O'Reilly Squeak book?)

Aaron J Reichow reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Thu Apr 18 20:10:10 UTC 2002

On Thu, 18 Apr 2002, Tim Rowledge wrote:

> Aaron J Reichow <reic0024 at d.umn.edu> is claimed by the authorities to have written:
>
> >  But then again, the more and
> > more I work with Squeak, the more I can't stand Unix. :)
> The more I work in Smalltalk the more I can't stand _any_ OS; oh, wait I
> only use Smalltalk (aside from web-browser/email). No wonder I think all
> OS's suck so badly.

Exactly.  So-called 'modern' OSes blow so much that it gives me a
headache.  I can't change anything to any app or the environment, without
some gigantic overhead.  Like I want to write C and sit all week for a
recompile to get it workiong like I want it.  grr.

Regards,
Aaron

  Aaron Reichow  ::  UMD ACM Pres  ::  http://www.d.umn.edu/~reic0024/
  "the end of the human race will be that it will eventually
      die of civilization. "                          :: r. w. emerson