Can Squeak easily function as a web form handler and similar?

Alain Fischer alain.fischer at bluewin.ch
Thu Apr 18 10:46:25 UTC 2002

Hi Randy,

I have made a small Seaside web application (5 pages) with
authentication and
upload of file. This is basicaly a simple table wiewer with selection of
data to show.

I am not a Squeak power user, but the learning curve of Seaside is
really fast.
I have found to be more productive as a Seaside newbie than as a middle
experimented
WebObject programmer. This is due to the dynamic programming, I have
been able to
correct a lot of bug while my application was running without restarting
it.

The quality and ease of fixing bug of Seaside and Squeak make me think
that doing
a production web application is not a risky task compared to other web
solution.

Have a nice day.
Alain