[OT] LaTeX/TeX (was: Who has not job?)

Tom tom7ca at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 19 01:21:52 UTC 2002

   If I were to write A Book, a really nice thing that I would hope people to
   become fond of (like, for instance, I'm fond of Christopher Alexander's
   books both for their contents as for the quality of typesetting), I
   would choose LaTeX. You can do the basic text entry with (K)LyX, which
   is reasonably WYSIWYG. So a book on Squeak I'd probably do in LaTeX
   (hmm, anyone got the Metafont definition of the Squeak fonts? :)).

Also, have a look at texmacs.org, a very good WYSIWYG editor for LaTeX
written mostly in Scheme.

Of course, it would be a great demonstration of Squeak functionality if
someone did something like TeXmacs in Squeak...

Tom.