straw-man 3.2 default preferences

Bijan Parsia bparsia at email.unc.edu
Fri Apr 19 03:59:23 UTC 2002

On Thu, 18 Apr 2002, Jon Hylands wrote:

> On Thu, 18 Apr 2002 19:37:24 -0700, Scott Wallace
> <scott.wallace at squeakland.org> wrote:
>
> > Would you also put these inboard scrollbars on the *right*, on
> > similar grounds of familiarity?
>
> Well, I certainly would (and do).
>
> I think you should also seriously consider setting the windows to all
> white, or at least all the same (light pastel) color. For some people
> (myself included), seeing all those differently-colored windows is a total
> turn-off.
[snip]

One can totally respect that (I and I do) and be a bit miffed with how you
put things below.

> I know there are a lot of people on the list who disagree, but think about
> it this way -- how many applications have you downloaded that have
> discordant color schemes like that?

90% of web pages out there? :)

Seriously, I don't think it's *discordant* (though the purple in
filelists is a bit hard to work with).

[snip]

More to the point, can we have a couple of default sets of prefs? The
Classic Squeak look (which means *square* windows and menus, *of course*
:)) and the New Fangled Slick Sell Out default look? :)

Cheers,
Bijan "No sausages...do you know what goes *in* them?" Parsia.

P.S., My Wonderful Parter(tm) pointed out that you can get whole mouse
sausages (mouseages?) for your snake. That's what I think of when I see
the new look scroll bars :)