Vote now! (was Re: straw-man 3.2 default preferences)

Jon Hylands jon at huv.com
Fri Apr 19 11:17:19 UTC 2002

On Fri, 19 Apr 2002 10:06:43 +0100, goran.hultgren at bluefish.se wrote:

> Don't let all these gray-stripe-Windows-users drag us down to the boring
> bottomless pit of white backgrounds! :-) Who knows, the next thing they
> may come up with is removing the mouse logo! Stop this nonsense right
> NOW:

Heh heh.

I seem to recall that the original request was something like this:

On Thu, 18 Apr 2002 18:37:36 -0700, Scott Wallace
<scott.wallace at squeakland.org> wrote:

> Instead, hopefully we can arrive at a reasonable, clean, consistent
> initial look and feel that will provide an agreeable point of
> departure for new users...

The point is to make something that welcomes new users in, which means
something that is not to radically different visually from what they're
used to. Squeak has enough stuff inside it that sets it apart...

Later,
Jon