[BookMorph][PDF] (was: FW: Who has no job?)

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Fri Apr 19 12:21:02 UTC 2002

Hannes Hirzel <hannes.hirzel.squeaklist at bluewin.ch> wrote:
> goran.hultgren at bluefish.se wrote:
> > Well, I did a BookMorph, saved it as Postscript, chose portrait, did "ps2pdf
> > MyBook.ps" result appended as attachment!
> >
> > regards, Göran
>
> This looks promising.
> Could you do another example? The example attached in your previous mail
> has just one page and I would like to see how a multipage BookMorph is
> converted. The page was at the bottom of

If you mail me a BookMorph I can do one more test for you.

> the A4 page in the Adobe viewer and I'm not sure if it shows the full
> page of the original BookMorph page.

I know - Marcel has probably some tricks/insight to these issues.

> However as a proof of concept it is excellent and I suggest we should
> work on streamlining the process. Marcel Weiher surley could help us
> doing this.
>
> BTW ps2pdf: is this a utility which comes preinstalled in Linux
> distributions? Or where do I get it If I want to do this under Windows?

Ps2pdf is actually just a shellscript that invokes GhostScript with a
few switches.
GhostScript and GhostView is available for Win32 - just Google it and
you will find it.

Of course - you could also use Distiller to produce pdf from ps - but
that's not free software.

> Regards
> Hannes

regards, Göran