Vote now! (was Re: straw-man 3.2 default preferences)

Bijan Parsia bparsia at email.unc.edu
Fri Apr 19 11:46:29 UTC 2002

On Fri, 19 Apr 2002, Jon Hylands wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Apr 2002 13:29:51 +0100, goran.hultgren at bluefish.se wrote:
>
> > But hey, I really don't care that much - I know how to change the
> > Preferences! :-)
>
> And that's exactly my point -- most people on the list know how to change
> the preferences. Its the first thing I always do when I open a new squeak
> image. A new-comer is not going to figure that out immediately.

Perhaps what we *really* should be doing is having a simplified
preferences *open* in the default image. Actually, tweaking the look is a
decent way to start exploring!

If we had full skinning, this might be an even more attractive option.

Hmm. That'd be a great tutorial. Start with the old, good, mature look,
walk people through a few tweaks, and then through changing the widgets
themselves, then some behaviors, etc.

Cheers,
Bijan Parsia.