Who has no job? (was Re: O'Reilly Squeak book?)

David Chase chase at world.std.com
Fri Apr 19 12:50:04 UTC 2002

At 02:04 PM 4/18/2002 -0700, Ned Konz wrote:
>On Thursday 18 April 2002 01:28 pm, David Chase wrote:
>> Plan B (what we did) was to
>> make the VM notice how it was invoked, and if it was invoked
>> under a non-standard name, ...

>I thought that Squeak already did this.

My mistake, then.  It know that it works well enough to
fool most people, so I assumed that if there was a problem,
then it must not have been done.

The other half of this is to have a clearly defined
procedure (in practice, a canned application or command)
for doing this.  Simple, clearly written instructions are
not good enough.  Call it "appify", if you lack a better
name.

David