Spreading Smalltalk

Jimmie Houchin jhouchin at texoma.net
Sat Apr 20 16:31:14 UTC 2002

I have thought that this would be interesting before.

Isn't Bob's Super Swiki hosted on his home PC accessed via his DSL
connection?

It would be interesting to see projects, software, etc., networked that
way so that those of us with broadband connections could share in the
bandwidth of distributing the software. Distribute BSS. :)

I am not expert in peer-to-peer systems, so I speak out of ignorance. :)

It would be nice if there were a master system which overlooked the
downloads and would be able to connect to the closest system which is
available for downloads. I think this would help with global
distribution and speed.

It would also be nice if security features were builtin and the ability
for a peer to 'pause' accessability for personal use of their system, so
that their bandwidth is constrained while they are actively on their system.

Just some thoughts.

Jimmie Houchin