[Q][Documentation][TextStream]

Hannes Hirzel hannes.hirzel.squeaklist at bluewin.ch
Sat Apr 20 19:26:26 UTC 2002

Hi

I'm trying to write a class comment for 3.2g for the class TextStream.

The following is my first attempt. What do you think?
Actually the interface TextStream has seems to me a bit clumsy?
There is only one user of TextStream.

Regards
Hannes

Begin of class comment

A TextStream is used to write a stream of Text.

"You create a new instance with for example:"

stream _ TextStream on: (Text new: 200).

"This stream can be used just like other streams which are only for
strings
but here we create Text:"

stream nextPutAll: 'Hello '.

"You can write out a string and give it a text attribute:"

stream withAttribute: TextColor red do: [ stream nextPutAll: 'world!'].
stream withAttribute: TextEmphasis bold do: [ stream nextPutAll: 'How
are you '].

"You can give several text attributes at once:"

stream withAttributes: (Array with: TextEmphasis italic with: TextColor
blue) do: [ stream nextPutAll: 'doing!'].

"To see the result evaluate:"

(TextMorph new contents: stream contents) openInWorld