straw-man 3.2 default preferences

Scott Wallace scott.wallace at squeakland.org
Sun Apr 21 10:28:55 UTC 2002

Anyone wishing to take a crack at creating and sharing an improved
palette of window colors (for which the community would be ever so
grateful) can open a window-color panel (world-menu... appearance...
window colors) and adjust any or all of the colors (click on a swatch
to get a picker that lets you change it.)

When done, evaluate the following expression (choose your own filename):

   (ReferenceStream fileNamed: 'betterWindowColors') nextPut:
(Preferences parameterAt: #windowColors); close

... and then email out the resulting file, named "betterWindowColors"
or whatever name you chose.

This will make it easy for everyone to try out your prospective scheme

   -- Scott

PS:  The companion do-it for slurping such a file into an image and
thereby adopting the window-color scheme it represents would be
something a little more complicated:

	| aStream |
	aStream _ ReferenceStream oldFileNamed: 'betterWindowColors'.
	specs _ aStream next.
  	aStream close.
	Preferences installWindowColorsVia:
		[:aWindowSpec | specs at: aWindowSpec classSymbol].