[OT] LaTeX/TeX (was: Who has not job?)

Mark Guzdial guzdial at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Apr 22 14:03:08 UTC 2002

On Friday, April 19, 2002, at 04:44  AM, goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
wrote:
> - I think Ian Piumarta did the LaTeX styles/templates (or whatever) for
> Mark's two books. Seems worth looking at.

Ian did the LaTeX stylesheets for the NuBlue book -- which is why it's
so gorgeous.  The White book was written entirely in Microsoft Word (Mac
Word 97), which made it nearly impossible for me to generate
camera-ready copy so Prentice-Hall re-did everything in Quark...which is
why I'm such a LaTeX fan today and I was so agreeable to Ian's
suggestion of LaTeX for the second book.  I avoid Word wherever
possible, and I've not been disappointed by LaTeX.  (TeXshop is nice,
but mac-emacs on OS X plus TeXshop is wonderful!)

Mark