[BUG] Problem with POPSocket

Ken Causey ken at ineffable.com
Tue Apr 23 17:58:09 UTC 2002

OK, let me make sure I'm clear on this:

Is it the case that any network user must be able to guarantee that
Socket initializeNetwork has been called?

If so, this is clearly policy which needs documenting.  As a proponent
of XP I'm all for source code as documentation, but policy is not well
documented in source code unfortunately.  One more for the holy war for
class comments?

Ken

P.S. I've got to wonder if this couldn't be handled at some relatively
low level in a handful of places and remove this bit of policy.  Surely
there are a small handful of code pieces that must be passed through
before any use of network can be made, such as Socket creation.