Squeak code for managing/outlining notes, PIM

Aaron J Reichow reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Wed Apr 24 02:01:09 UTC 2002

On Tue, 23 Apr 2002, Anders Schneiderman wrote:

> I've just started learning Squeak, and I could use some advice on
> where to find sample code for my first serious app. I'd like to build
> a program that will let me organize my notes for a book, two software
> projects I'm managing, plans for a workshop, etc.  I'd like it to be a
> cross between a PIM and a note manager/outliner.  Any thoughts on
> where I should look for code to start w/?

Hi!

Have a look at PDAMorph, and the classes that are in the same category.
Also, EToyHierarchicalTextMorph would make a fine widget for a
outlining app. At least, I plan on using it for my Notes app.

I'm working on the same things myself, as a part of Dynapad
(http://spe.sf.net).  I've already modified PDAMorph to be split into 4
seperate apps (Notes, Dates, Names, Todo), rather than one giant window.
It's far from perfect, but it's somewhat usable for my 'real world' use.

I plan on releasing my code and the image I'm using on my iPAQ hopefully
tommorow, so keep your eyes open. :)

Regards,
Aaron

  Aaron Reichow  ::  UMD ACM Pres  ::  http://www.d.umn.edu/~reic0024/
  "the end of the human race will be that it will eventually
      die of civilization. "                          :: r. w. emerson